A Photographic Celebration of
California Nature and Agriculture
at Yolo Basin Foundation’s Bucks for Ducks 2019
Call for Entries:
Bucks for Ducks 2019, Yolo Basin Foundation’s annual fundraising gala on October 25, will celebrate its 29th year with both a juried photography exhibit and a fine arts exhibit. (For the Call for Art, click here.)
The purpose of these shows is to raise money for the Foundation’s wetlands education programs.
The geographic area for photographs includes all of California.
Photography submission deadline is August 23.
If you would like to print this information, click here to download a copy of this information in pdf.
- The categories are: Plants, Animals, Landscape, Agriculture and Open.
- We welcome images from nature in the open category that: 1) don’t comfortably fit in one of the other categories, 2) have been heavily, purposefully, and artistically manipulated, 3) depart dramatically from the other categories by virtue of added, deleted, moved, or overlaid elements.
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in a high resolution jpeg format (750 kb minimum to 2.5 mb maximum).
- Animal entries should include wildlife only. Domestic animals will be accepted only in the agriculture category.
- Please limit your submissions to your 10 favorite photos per category and remove all identification from them.
- One image per email, please.
- The following information should be in the email for each photo submitted:
- Photographer’s name
- Title of photograph (optional)
- Species (if known)
- Location where image was taken
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address.
- Entries will be evaluated by a three-person panel and will be judged on creativity,composition, presentation, technical quality and theme. Ultimate selection for display and sale will be based on the results of the judging and appropriateness for sale at Bucks for Ducks.
- The photographers of the photos selected will be notified by September 23, and the photos will be posted on a web album with a link from the Yolo Basin Foundation web site www.yolobasin.org.
- The photographers are responsible for submitting prints of their selected photographs on high quality paper with a finished size of no larger that 80 square inches to Yolo Basin Foundation by September 23, or they may choose to pay $5 each to have their photos printed by a professional photographer associated with the Foundation. No matting or framing is necessary.
- The prints will be sold in the silent auction during Bucks for Ducks and will become the property of the highest bidder. The image copyright will remain with the photographer.
- This year the judges will also select five images to be printed and displayed in a 16″ x 20″ format.
- The two photographers whose pictures raise the most money (one large image and one small image) will each receive a special award.
- The photos of the two 2018 winners are shown on this page.
Dates to Remember
- August 23: Last date for submission of photographs
- September 23: Photographs selected and all photographers notified
- September 30: Prints delivered to Yolo Basin Foundation
- October 25: Bucks for Ducks
Questions? Contact Ann Brice at email@example.com or (530) 363-2699.