A Photographic Celebration of
California Nature and Agriculture
at Yolo Basin Foundation’s Bucks for Ducks 2018
Call for Entries:
Bucks for Ducks 2018, Yolo Basin Foundation’s annual fundraising gala on November 2, will feature both a juried photography exhibit and a fine arts exhibit. (A separate Call for Entries for fine arts exhibit coming soon.)
The purpose of these shows is to raise money for the Foundation’s wetlands education programs.
Photography submission deadline is September 14.
If you would like to print this information, click here to download a copy of this information in pdf.
- The categories are: Plants, Animals, Landscape, Agriculture and Open.
- We welcome images from nature in the open category that: 1) don’t comfortably fit in one of the other categories, 2) have been heavily, purposefully, and artistically manipulated, 3) depart dramatically from the other categories by virtue of added, deleted, moved, or overlaid elements.
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com in a high resolution jpeg format (750 kb minimum to 2.5 mb maximum).
- Animal entries should include wildlife only. Domestic animals will be accepted only in the agriculture category.
- Please limit your submissions to your 10 favorite photos per category and remove all identification from them.
- The following information should be in the email for each photo submitted: category, photographer’s name, title of photograph (optional), species i.d., mailing address, phone number and email address. One image per email, please.
- Entries will be evaluated by a three-person panel and will be judged on creativity, composition, presentation, technical quality and theme. Ultimate selection for display and sale will be based on the results of the judging and appropriateness for sale at Bucks for Ducks.
- The photographers of the photos selected will be notified by October 5, and the photos will be posted on a web album with a link from the Yolo Basin Foundation web site www.yolobasin.org.
- The photographers are responsible for submitting prints of their selected photographs on high quality paper with a finished size of no larger that 80 square inches to Yolo Basin Foundation by October 12, or they may choose to pay $5 each to have their photos printed by a professional photographer associated with the Foundation. No matting or framing is necessary.
- The prints will be sold in the silent auction during Bucks for Ducks and will become the property of the highest bidder. The image copyright will remain with the photographer.
- Special awards will be given to the photographers whose images raise the most money.
- The photos of the four top winners from 2017 are featured on this page (There was a tie for third place!).
Dates to Remember
- September 14: Last date for submission of photographs
- October 5: Photographs selected and all photographers notified
- October 12: Prints delivered to Yolo Basin Foundation
- November 2: Bucks for Ducks
Questions? Contact Ann Brice at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-363-2699.