A Celebration of California’s Nature and Agriculture
at Yolo Basin Foundation’s Bucks for Ducks 2017
Yolo Basin Foundation’s 27th annual Bucks for Ducks fundraising gala takes place on October 20. It will feature both a juried photography exhibit and a fine arts exhibit (see the separate call for art).
The purpose of these shows is to raise money for the Foundation’s wetlands education programs.
Submission deadline is September 1, 2017.
If you would like to print this information, click here to download a copy of this information in pdf format.
- For the first time, the geographic area for photographs includes all of California.
- The categories are: Plants, Animals, Landscape, Agriculture and Open.
- We welcome images from nature in the open category that: 1) don’t comfortably fit in one of the other categories, 2) have been heavily, purposefully, and artistically manipulated, 3) depart dramatically from the other categories by virtue of added, deleted, moved, or overlaid elements.
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com in a high resolution jpeg format (750 kb minimum to 2.5 mb maximum).
- Animal entries should include wildlife only. Domestic animals will be accepted only in the agriculture category.
- Please limit your submissions to your 10 favorite photos and remove all identification from them.
- The following information should be in the email for each photo submitted: category, photographer’s name, title of photograph (optional), mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Entries will be evaluated by a three-person panel and will be judged on creativity, composition, presentation, technical quality and theme. Ultimate selection for display and sale will be based on the results of the judging and appropriateness for sale at Bucks for Ducks.
- The photographers of the photos selected will be notified by September 22nd, and the photos will be posted on a web album with a link from the Yolo Basin Foundation web site www.yolobasin.org.
- The photographers are responsible for submitting prints of their selected photographs on high quality paper with a finished size of no larger that 80 square inches to Yolo Basin Foundation by September 29th, or they may choose to pay $5 each to have their photos printed by a professional photographer associated with the Foundation. No matting or framing is necessary.
- The prints will be sold in the silent auction during Bucks for Ducks and will become the property of the highest bidder. The image copyright will remain with the photographer.
The three photographers whose pictures raise the most money will each receive a special award.
- The photos of the two top winners from 2016 are featured on this page.
Dates to Remember
- September 1: Last date for submission of photographs
- September 22: Photographs selected and all photographers notified
- September 29: Prints delivered to Yolo Basin Foundation
- October 20: Bucks for Ducks
Contact Ann Brice at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-363-2699.