Discover the Flyway!
School Field Trip Program Terms and Conditions
2017-2018 School Year
Before requesting reservation dates, please check
in-service days, early dismissal, testing days, holidays, and bus dates.
- Request program dates for your field trip(s) by completing a Reservation Request Form
- All reservations are made on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Reservations will be confirmed after your Reservation Request Form has been submitted.
- Please note that submitting a Reservation Request does not guarantee a reservation date.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- If you need to cancel your reservation, notify us as soon as possible.
- Cancelled reservation dates are filled from a wait-list first.
- If you would like to reschedule a cancelled field trip, every effort will be made to accommodate you. Availability is not guaranteed. If a field trip date is not available, you may request to be added to a waitlist.
- Cancellation of a field trip with a Transportation Mini-grant will result in the loss of the grant.
- Rescheduling a cancelled field trip previously awarded a Transportation Mini-grant does not guarantee a mini-grant for the rescheduled field trip.
- Very rarely, in severe or unsafe conditions, Discover the Flyway staff may be required to cancel a program. Every effort will be made to reschedule a cancelled program.
- Limited to 44 students (no exceptions).
- The teacher is responsible for supervision and must remain with students at all times.
- A minimum of one chaperone is required for every 10 students.
- Chaperones are expected to assist with student management and must remain with their assigned students at all times.
- Discover the Flyway field trips take place rain or shine.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Sturdy, closed-toed shoes, sunscreen and hats are recommended.
- Teachers are required to attend a one-time Teacher Training Workshop before bringing their students on a field trip.
- An $8.00 donation per student is requested to help cover the cost of the program.
- Preferred methods of payment are cash, credit card or check payable to Yolo Basin Foundation.
- Donations should be made the day of the field trip.
- Invoices are discouraged.
- However, if your district requires an invoice, email your request to email@example.com and include all of the following information in the emailed request:
- Teacher(s) name
- School name and address where the invoice is to be mailed
- Date of field trip
- Number of students
- Only one invoice will be allowed per field trip.
- If an invoice is requested before the program date, it will not be revised/adjusted after the field trip to reflect a change in the number of students that actually attend.