- The Yolo Basin Foundation is dedicated to the appreciation and stewardship of wetlands and wildlife of the Yolo Basin through education and innovative partnerships.
Yolo Basin Foundation:
- was founded in 1990 as a community based organization to assist in the establishment of the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area.
- has a unique partnership with the California Department of Fish & Wildlife that makes the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area accessible to thousands of people each year.
- is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
- offers environmental education programs for all ages related to wetlands and wildlife.
- is funded by individuals and organizations through membership dues, fundraising events, and grants.
- leadership is recognized internationally as a model for creating and sustaining successful private-public partnerships.
- has formed collaborative partnerships with local farmers and private wetland managers, conservation organizations, elected officials at all levels, and local, state and federal government including wildlife, flood control, and water quality agencies.
- has received many awards since 1990, most recently the Conservation Leadership Award from the Central Valley Joint Venture (2011).